Thursday, March 18, 2010

stuff

I haven't posted in a few days, but all is well. So far I've still been staying within my points for the day and, in some cases, have a few left over. This usually happens to me right at the beginning as I re-learn how to spread my points throughout the day. You're not supposed to end the day with unused points, so I always try to find something to make up the difference. Last night, for example, I had 5 points remaining after dinner. I had made a chocolate/peanut butter shake that was 3 points, but I only had about 2 sips. For some reason it wasn't nearly as good as I remembered. I wound up eating 2 packages of Jboy's fruit snacks! LOL

Recently I came across Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes. She posts recipes that have been altered to be more WW friendly and also posts the points values. I have yet to make any of the dishes, but here are a couple I intend to try very soon.

Makeover Banana Nut Bread {image courtesy of Gina's WW Recipes}
Doesn't it look delicious?! When I make it, I'll leave out the walnuts & probably include chocolate chips. Yum-o!

Chicken Enchiladas {image courtesy of Gina's WW Recipes}
Those who know me well know my love of Chicken Enchiladas at Frontera. I could seriously lick the plate they're so good. The reviews for the enchiladas on Gina's site are all great, so I'm hoping they can scratch the itch, if neccessary. Granted, I'll still be going to Frontera, but it will be nice to have a lighter version also.
Do you have any good recipes to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment