Thursday, April 8, 2010

some yumminess

This week has been good so far. Hopefully I can counteract my “misdeeds” of last week. ;o)

One of my favorite tools on the Weight Watchers site is the Recipe Builder. You can input any recipe, and it will calculate the points for you. It has been such a help!

I wanted to share a couple of recipes I’ve prepared this week.

Meatloaf Muffins

meatloafmuffin Photo courtesy of Kraft Recipes

1lb extra lean ground beef (I used 96/4)

1 pkg (6oz) STOVE TOP stuffing mix (I used Savory Herb)

1 c. water 1 tsp garlic powder

1/2 c. BBQ Sauce (their recipe calls for 3/4 c.)

1/4 c. shredded cheddar cheese (their recipe calls for 3/4 c.)

Preheat oven to 375. Mix ground beef, stuffing mix, water & garlic powder. Press into muffin tin sprayed with cooking spray. Spread BBQ sauce over tops.

Bake for 30 minutes. Top with cheese & bake for another 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.

Makes 12 muffins. 2 muffins per serving. 5 points per serving.

Mexican Chicken

mexicanchicken Photo courtesy of Kelly’s Korner Recipes

3-4 chicken breasts, boiled and cut into bite size pieces
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can rotel
56g shredded cheddar cheese (recipe calls for 2-3 cups)
5 flour tortillas (recipe calls for corn tortilllas, but Chris doesn’t like them)

Tear the tortillas into small pieces and line the bottom of a pan. Mix together the soups, rotel and chicken and pour on top. Top with cheddar cheese. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.

If separated into 6 servings, 6 points per serving.

Cake for One

No picture because.... well, I ate it before I could take a picture. ;o)

This one is ridiculously easy & ridiculously yummy!

Yummy Cake for One

  • One box Angel Food cake mix
  • One box any other cake mix

Mix these two boxes of cake mix together and store in a container in your cupboard. When you need a quick snack, take a coffee mug and mix together 1/4 Cup mix with 2 TB water. Microwave on high for one minute = 2 points

Or if using 1/3 cup mix and 3 tbsp water = 3 points.

I used Devil’s Food as my “other cake mix” and let me tell you… DELICIOUS! If only I’d had some low point ice cream to go with it.

Do you have any yummy recipes to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment